Re: Messed up F4B

To: "List Tiger" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Messed up F4B
From: "Charlton" <charlton@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 09:31:21 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Palmer" <rpalmer@ucsd.edu>
To: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@ix.netcom.com>; "Tiger List" <>
Sent: Monday, September 03, 2001 8:25 PM

>snip<
>Better yet would be hydrofluoric acid, followed
> by chromic acid, but you probably don't have access to that.

Listers,
HF (hydrofluoric acid) is found in wheel-brightening solutions because it
etches aluminum nicely.  It's used in huge quantities by the semiconductor
industry, and is pretty scary stuff.  Don't get it on you.  For health
considerations, it's one of the worst acids.  It washes off easily enough (3
minute flush with water) but the fluorine ions stay in the skin looking for
calcium to bond to.  This is painful, often leaving a sore that won't heal.
By drawing calcium out of the bloodstream it can create an electrolyte
imbalance and cause heart arrhythias.  In many areas, health care personnel
either don't know how to treat it or use outmoded treatments that can create
disfiguring.
Duncan
ps: anybody got an F4B for sale?  I want to replace my Edelbrock Performer.