Re: Oiled Up

To: ssage@socal.rr.com
Subject: Re: Oiled Up
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 20:39:35 EDT
Steve

Make sure your hoses aren't rubbing against the steering
extension.  In 1968 my Rootes dealer changed my oil
and positioned the lines so they rubbed against the
extension.  After so many lefts and rights, an incredible
leak.  Oil everywhere.  Happened on Easter Sunday on
US 1 in Alexandria, VA going into DC to see the cherry
blossums.

My Tiger has a metal band that attaches to one of the
valve cover bolts and holds the hoses away from the
extension.  Perhaps Rootes forgot to put one on my 66.
Maybe if I go back, the dealer will still have it....

Also replace the fiber gaskets.  The small ones and the
big one between the adapter and the engine block.  Its
a @$/*% to get to if you have headers.

Dave Johnson, B382002668(Under repair) Aurora, IL