Oiled Up

Subject: Oiled Up
From: SJC Worldwide <ssage@socal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 14:48:36 -0700
Hello Listers:
Starting up today I smelled more than the usual fumes and smells.
Investigation shows one of the hoses between the stock oil filter
adapter on the block, and my oil  filter (remotely located under the
car) is leaking, apparently where it is clamped to the fitting on the
block, but I won't know for sure until it's off. I can't quite turn the
clamp as the notch for a screwdriver is worn down (???) and no longer
there. As I'd better change the line and clamps anyway, does anyone know
what is the standard hose size (diameter, etc) for the stock oil lines?
I'd like to buy new lines before I take the old ones off.

I'd had one of the lines replaced by a "shop" a couple of months ago,
and this may or may not be the same line they supposedly replaced. They
might have just tightened the clamp.This time I'd better do it myself to
make sure it's done right.

Also, I've always jacked the Tiger up by the crossmember in front, or
the differential in back. Is it OK to jack up the car on the side using
the X frame underneath so I can jack the car up on either side? Any
other safe jacking points to use?

Thanks!

Steve Sage
1967 MK1A