Re: Oiled Up

To: ssage@socal.rr.com
Subject: Re: Oiled Up
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 22:49:22 EDT
I agree that the 1 1/16 bolt in the adapter is a
real %@/* to get at with headers.  I could get
a 3/4 inch 1 1/16 socket on it bit no way  to
turn it.  I finally undid the steering and pushed
the column and extension up to get more room
Finally managed to get a Sears 10" adjustable
on the nut and viola  its off.  Funny the Craftsman
10" would not open wide enough.  12" adjustable
or standard wrenches were just too big.  Cleaned
everything up, put on a new gasket, added some
quality sealer, and tightened it as much as I could.

No leaks even after my son took out the Explorer
and light pole.  You bet that when I pull the engine
I will replace the gasket again.  Except for concurs
I think the remote filters with right angle adapters
that the net has talked about is the way to go.

Dave Johnson B382002668(under repair) Aurora IL