Re: Air cleaner color

To: <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Air cleaner color
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 11:41:06 EDT
Andy,Steve, etal,
Try Hammerite (hammered finish) paint.  It is manufactured in Tacoma, WA. under
license from the original manufacturer in England.  A few years ago, they
introduced a smooth finish paint and that is what I use on the small parts in
the Tiger steering columns I rebuild and on suspension parts: it is very hard,
and has a secret formula with powdered glass in it.  I have spoken to the
Chemists at Parker Paint several times, and they recommend using Penetrol as a
thinner/solvent for it.  It sprays differently than Krylon or any other
"bomb-can" paint, and it takes a while to learn the technique, but the results
are the best you can get without Powdercoating.
Jim
Jim