RE: Air cleaner color

To: "'Gary Pointer'" <Gary.Pointer@telus.com>,
Subject: RE: Air cleaner color
From: "Fraser, Ron" <Ron.Fraser@usa.xerox.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 11:27:04 -0400
        Hammertone paint requires a warm constant temperature to get the
desired hammered finish results.        It seems to me I have seen a few
Sunbeams with this type of paint on the hinge covers and it looks very good.
        Most of the seat hinge cover plates I have seen were painted with
black Wrinkle Finish paint.   This paint will leave a high surface texture
finish when applied correctly.   For best results the parts must be painted
very warm,75 degrees F or warmer and kept warm while drying.   I painted the
plates I have, outside on a nice, hot, sunny day and got excellent results.
This was after several failed attempts when the temperature was too cold.
        Both types of paint are very sensitive to temperature and humidity
and will vary the final finish considerably as they change.   I have found
that temperature drives the final finish the most, so experiment if you try
either paint and you do not get the results you expected.
Ron Fraser