RE: Discrepancies and the CA DMV

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Discrepancies and the CA DMV
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 12:59:51 -0700
Does anyone in Cailf. have their Tiger registered under the JAL # ? My car
came to Calif. in the early 80's from New Mexico. I purchased it from the
person who brought it into the state. Thus, for some 18 years it had the JAL
# as the Calif. I.D.. When I transfered title there was no question at the
DMV and it still has the JAL registration. I have up to 18 year old
paperwork (some N.M. DMV and repair records) that shows and link all the
numbers. I contacted Norm Miller when I first got the car (1-2000) and he
replied:
 "Your car is simply misregistered.  Apply for a proper title and be
donewith it.  I also know that it is authentic (I've seen it)."
Regardless I am concern about opening a can of worms and have done nothing
so far. Are there any down sides to keeping the JAL registration? Thanks for
any reply. Regards, Tom Witt