RE: Dash Veneer

To: "'Carmods@aol.com'" <Carmods@aol.com>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Dash Veneer
From: "Fraser, Ron" <Ron.Fraser@usa.xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 15:51:30 -0400
John
        When I veneered my dash, I bought the veneer and glue from
Constantine's in New York city.   The veneer glue was a rubber base contact
glue.   After numerous coats of clear urethane to both sides of the dash,
sanding, and applying lettering the dash was totally sealed.   The dash
still looks good now 20 years later.
        There are a lot of new urethane glues on the market now that are
waterproof and are suppose to be very good.   I have seen Norm Abrams on
Yankee Workshop use one urethane glue called Gorilla Glue.   The name is
impressive but I have not tried the product.

Ron Fraser