Re: J.C Whitney Product Question

To: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re: J.C Whitney Product Question
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@home.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 17:33:40 -0800
At 10:10 AM 11/17/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>J.C. and I have a long history and I am always trying his (hers?) products.
>In the most recent catalog mailing I see something called the "Aluminum
>Welding Rod Kit". This stuff purports to be good enough to repair radiators,
>etc and that the 'repair is stronger than surrounding area'. Now I gotta
>ask... has anyone actually used this stuff? If so, what was your experience?
>Good, bad ugly or what? I know real racers wouldn't use it, but maybe us
>wannabie's would..

         Actually it's not welding rod at all, it's aluminum solder and it
does have a place in the well equipped tool box.  I have some and although
I've never used it, it could be just right for some application, such as
adding a bracket or repairing a thin wall aluminum tank.  Now if you had an
aluminum radiator it might be just the ticket.

Tom