RE: TBON REALITY CHECK

To: "Marc James Small" <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Subject: RE: TBON REALITY CHECK
From: "Allan Connell, Jr." <alcon@home.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 18:11:44 -0800
Thanks Marc, I stand corrected!

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc James Small [mailto:msmall@roanoke.infi.net]
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2001 11:26 AM
To: Allan Connell, Jr.
Cc: Larry Paulick; Chris Thompson; TIGERS@autox.team.net

At 03:41 PM 12/21/01 -0800, Allan Connell, Jr. wrote:
>Believe me all (not just necessarily you Larry,) that at $50.00, I am
>willing to bet that the curmudgeon made no profit at all considering the
>costs associated with a hard-bound book, shipping, etc.  Best case scenario
>is he broke even....most likely TBON cost him money.  Just my humble
>opinion.

I agree, but things have changed since the Book was published.  It now
costs around $7 or $9 per copy to have a camera-ready 250-page book
printed.  Costs go up slightly with more pictures or greater length, of
course.  That is for a run of around 300 copies, incidentally.  And it is
even cheaper if it is put on a CD-ROM -- there it would be around $2,000
for 2500 copies or so, or even less.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh b`s fir gun ghr`s fir!