Re: LAT Options - CONCLUDED!

To: "Steve Laifman" <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: LAT Options - CONCLUDED!
From: "Tim Jordan" <tjordan@wagnerprocess.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 17:14:16 -0800
Gentlemen,

Just frickin' GREAT!!!  The list can be abused for days on end with
non-Tiger crap, ie.(The Prisoner TV show, how to weld, gas prices,
insurance, metallurgy, girl next door fantasies,  the weather etc.)  and now
we have a self-appointed moderator to tell us when a genuine Tiger
discussion should be CONCLUDED!   I am not surprised that several Tiger
Historians/experts have decided to leave the list to the few who still try
to dominate.
 I don't believe there is just one Tiger expert on the list.  Some may not
be that knowledgeable, but have documents or some reference on a particular
detail of the Tiger story.   They had it with the few who seem to think they
and only they have the only correct answers to the entire Tiger saga.

Do you believe Robson when he states in his Tiger/Alpine effort that " this
rather large chap wielding the largest mallet I have ever seen, whacking the
transmission tunnel to make room for the Ford V8 unit".  Must be true
because it says so in his book.  We know this is not true and that Jenson
had a transmission tunnel piece stamped out and ready to weld in.  For
several decades and in many publications, writers have stated that Carroll
Shelby saw the COBRA name in a dream.   I recently read an interview where
he said that was completely false.

Instead of concluding the discussion, why not ask for some other references
from the Tiger Listers.  Any original owners out there who purchased their
Tiger with the LAT options already installed on the car in the showroom.
Did any original buyers have to wait for the Tiger to go from the dealer
back to the Rootes warehouse for LAT installations.  Was there a form to
fill out detailing what LAT options were to be installed.  Since the only
documentation is a letter, why not try to dig a little deeper for some
additional information.  It is not implausable for Ian to do "ALL" he could
to get any advantage for his Tiger in racing.  Could he have told the racing
boards one thing and because of cost and time done another.  The original
owner of the MKII I purchased this year, said he waited in the showroom
while the dealer installed LAT 70 wheels(including the spare).  How did
Rootes decide which Tigers would receive what LAT options?  They have 400
Tigers on the dock in Long Beach, now what do we do?  Do they send them all
out to the dealers only to have many come back for 1, 2 or several LAT
options?

Try to get more documentation before we "create" factual history.

tjj