Steering column nightmare

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Steering column nightmare
From: "Rose, Mark" <mrose@ou.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 21:52:13 -0600
O.K. folks, I will never say it can't happen to me.

Because of several recommendations from this list, I pulled my steering
column out of the Tiger and sent it to Jim Leach to rebuild. As numerous
times before, I shipped the package UPS. I took it to a mailing store where
they packed it in a tube and sent it out. I just checked the UPS site and
the status of the package came up 'exception'.

I clicked on details and found out that the tube arrived in Seattle fine,
but the steering column was not inside! Gone! The poor UPS lady on the phone
that I called probably believed I was going to come through the phone and
get her. I didn't cuss, I wasn't disrespectful but boy I was mad.  She said
that they received the tube, but it did not have anything inside.

She said to go to Mail Boxes Etc tomorrow where I mailed it from and they
should have the claim information. I told her I don't want money, I want my
steering column - I didn't come close to insuring it for enough money.

Anyway, moral of story - insure, insure, insure. Oh, by the way, anyone have
a steering column they want to sell?
Sad in Oklahoma
Mark