Re: Steering column nightmare

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Steering column nightmare
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 11:41:30 EST
For the benefit of the list, I thought I would post my reply to Mark.  I think
it will be very interesting to see how UPS resolves their problem...
Jim Leach  Pacific Tiger Club  Seattle

Mark,
I'm very sorry to hear UPS has lost your Sunbeam Tiger steering column.  My
suspicion is somewhere along the line they opened the parcel for inspection
and they did not properly seal the package afterwards.  Their fault.
I have purchased several rebuildable core columns for exchange units spending
up to $200 depending on their condition.  The last unit I rebuilt cost the
owner $345.00 (using his core) and I always put a replacement value on a
rebuilt column (either type) I am shipping at $500.00.
Currently, I have all parts necessary to build ONE complete steering column
of either type: did yours have a threaded lower section with jam-nuts or a
smooth lower section with a snap-ring?    Please advise if their is any way I
can help you with UPS.
Jim