RE: Doane's overbored 260's

To: "Bob Palmer" <rpalmer@ucsd.edu>
Subject: RE: Doane's overbored 260's
From: garywinblad@attbi.com
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 17:03:01 +0000
It WAS a 260 alright.  I (and everyone else) heard it
from his mouth at SUNI II at his last(?) public speach..
Boy am I glad I was there.  Great guy, it was really sad
to lose him shortly after.  Like others have posted, he
told us stories of rebuilding THE engine (I am pretty
sure there was only one) on the floor of a motel the
night before the race...  how he so casually talked
about starting on the pole, with a 427 Cobra BEHIND
them...

Gary