It's ALIVE - now I need help

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: It's ALIVE - now I need help
From: Chris Mottram <c_mottram@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 11:41:01 -0800 (PST)
I just got the Tiger started after having it apart for
2 years.  The engine was not taken apart, just taken
out along with everything else.
The downside is that the same old fuel pump just kept
on pumping until fuel flowed out every hole in the
carb.  What am I dealing with here?  A carb problem or
a fuel pump problem.  I did nothing to either unit
while they were out.
Also, is the ballast resister on the ignition circuit
supposed to get really hot?  Mine does as well as the
electronic choke (Carter afb 650 )

Thanks for all the help.  Without the list and the
contributors, I would still have just a rusty pile of
parts!

Chris