Re: Brake Fluid

To: laceyf@crosslink.net
Subject: Re: Brake Fluid
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 00:21:05 EST
Mark

Yes its the SK hand tool company.  Some parts
stores carry their tools over the counter.  Or ask
any repair shop when their SK toolman will be
there. Its a simple ciraclip pliers.  Two halves
held by a knurled screw.    Black with green
plastic handles.  If I could find it I would give you
the exact SK number.  I looked and its gone.
I think I loaned it out but my memory seems
to be going as I get older.

Your choice as to color of the outer tank.  Originally
black, I have seen some chromed.  The inside is
what the leather seal slides against.  The smoother
the better.  Powdercoating may not yield the proper
smoothness.  When the seals eventually leak, the
inside will be again exposed to brake fluid.  So I
would keep that in mind.

Also you should remember that the booster can
fail without notice.  That why smart Tiger driver
carry a bypass kit (available from CAT or SS).
In fact most racers remove the booster completely,
You just have to push harder on the pedal but
you are 100% sure it will work.  Doug Jennings
sells a bigger (or is is smaller) bore master
cylinder that reduces the effort.

I once gave thought about running a brake line
through the booster, but gave up on the project.

Dave Johnson