Re: Brake Fluid

To: "Steve Laifman" <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Brake Fluid
From: "Duncan Charlton \(Texas\)" <charlton@ev1.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 15:35:29 -0600
Steve, Bob, and List,
Oh, hell -- it's just me shooting my mouth off without thnking too hard
about it.  I suppose one of the definitions of "fluid" is something
incompressible.  I must have read someone else's BS and let it enter my
memory without a credibility check.  Oops!  Please forgive the bad poop.

OTOH, I think there is something to the issue -- sponginess of the pedal
being the symptom, but now I can't remember why.  Does this ring a bell with
anyone?  I am familiar with the fact that the rubber seals don't swell with
silicone as with DOT4, and that this may cause leakage.
Duncan