Top 10 Cars - Tiger?

To: "Tiger List (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Top 10 Cars - Tiger?
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 13:07:39 -0800
Do you want to know what the 10 most desirable cars in the US are, and
where your's ranks?

Here is the Official List:

1.  1991 Toyota Camry
2.  1989 Toyota Camry
3.  1990 Toyota Camry
4.  2000 Honda Civic SI
5.  1994 Chevrolet C1500 4x2
6.  1995 Honda Accord EX
7.  1994 Honda Accord LX
8.  1994 Honda Accord EX
9.  1988 Toyota Camry
10. 1996 Honda Accord LX

WHAT? I am not even sure the C1500 isn't Japanese origin as well.
Where is FORD (much less Tiger?), well of the top 25, there was
only 1 Ford, #12. 1997 Ford F150 4x2.

Top 10 WHAT? According to CCC Information Services, these represent
ranking, by volume, of the most stolen vehicles in the United States.
That is some measure of desirability!  California, of course, has the
highest theft volume in the nation (with a handy neighbor for acceptance).

New York thieves prefer the 1994 Honda Accord EX, and in Texas it's the
Chevy C1500.
Pickups occupied 11 of the top 25 spots in Texas. (No 4x4's?)

While the rationale for the preferences are not known, for certain, as the
perps refused to fill out the questionnaire, but the going theory is for
the value
of the parts.

So, who is "CCC Information Services", and why should we care what they think?
Actually, this information was not gathered for you. They don't care
what you think.
They are paid by the top 350 property and casualty insurers in North
America in order
to determine your insurance costs. Thats all.

Anyway, there is one list we can be glad are all cars we care little
about anyway, and
the Tiger is not having it's rates raised due to theft.  Now, on the
list of tickets
issued for contests of speed, reckless driving, excessive acceleration
displays, loud
exhaust systems, there is no official list. BUT we know who we are,
don't we?  (9-)

(And so does your insurance company (8-(  )
--
Steve Laifman