Tie rod end boots

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Tie rod end boots
From: BOBCARNUT@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 19:02:18 EST
If I recall correctly, there was discussion of where to purchase tie rod end
boots on this site a little while ago. I just found a possible solution for
the replacement of the "unobtainable" parts. I used the brake wheel cylinder
boots from a NAPA / United wheel cylinder repair kit. The kit is / was #13.
the application is listed as being for 1962-1966 Chrysler and Ford products.
It lists the cylinder as being 15/16" in diameter. I just slid the boot over
the tie rod end stud and snapped the boot around the retaining collar on the
tie rod end. It may not be factory, but it holds grease and seems to
work......Looks OK too.

                   Bob Lerch
                   B382001828LRXFE