Re: Tiger wheel mounting.

To: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Tiger wheel mounting.
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 11:18:54 -0700
Shank lugs SHOULD only be used with hub-centric wheels. IANAL, but I doubt
that you could get any car or wheel manufacturer to offer an official
statement that their wheels are going to perform as designed if they are not
located by the hub. The "right thing to do" would be to get some hub-centric
adapter rings machined that would fit the Tiger/Alpine hubs on the inside
and the LAT-70's on the outside. This would not help for anyone that uses
spacers, but it's a step in the right direction.

Theo