Water pump hub sizes

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Water pump hub sizes
From: "Kathy and Erich Coiner" <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 18:44:45 -0700
Hello list.

I picked up a C9DZ-A fan for my tiger.
I need to open the center hole up from 5/8 inch.

I measured diameter of the hole in the water pump pulley.
It was 1.002 inches.
I measured the pilot diameter of the hub on the water pump.
It was 0.988!

This explains why my pulley was a sloppy fit and had visible runout.

I think the hub should be more like  0.999 inches.
Can anybody else measure theirs and report back?
What is my chances of finding another tiger hub?

I can make a new hub from scratch if need be.
Does anybody know how much interference is used on the shaft/hub fit?

Erich