Re: Water pump hub sizes

To: kathy.coiner@gte.net
Subject: Re: Water pump hub sizes
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 23:21:34 EDT
Erich

Look someplace else for your runout problem
Remember these are ordinary production engines.
The water pump shaft is about 1 inch + or -
and the pulley hub hole is 1 inch + or -.
As long as the hub fits over the shaft you are
OK.  The four bolts mounting the pulley to
the water pump have more tolerance that
what you list.

Tighten the four bolts and run it.  If you get
a vibration odds are its not a problem in
the shaft or pulley. I would suspect the
balance of the fan.  I've seen Tigers with
loose pulleys that have over 100K and are
running the original water pump.  Mine
had 70K on the original pump and pulley
until my son hit the light pole.

Our cars are not swiss watches.  Things
don't have to be perfect.

Dave Johnson B382002668(under repair) Aurora, IL
+87 two days ago.  Snow tonight.