Re: Gentleman Racing

To: "Chris Thompson" <cthompson@rrinc.com>
Subject: Re: Gentleman Racing
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 20:38:02 -0400
Chris,
        Is "NASA" a typo?  As for the roll bar, I had the same problem.
Try lowering your seat first.  On mine there are two mounting locations
at the front and a swinging bar spacer at the rear.  If that doesn't help
enough, try going to a fiberglass racing seat with little or no padding
and tilted back as much as you can stand.  i.e. do not raise your bar,
lower your head.

At 08:50 PM 4/15/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>I'm wanting to take my MK1a out on the track at NASA events, and rules say
>that the roll bar must be above helmet height for obvious reasons.  I have
>the AutoPower bar, and it's too low.  Anything higher seems like it would
>disable the top.  What are you all doing?
>
>Any other recommendations/mild mods for the track?
>
>Chris
>B382000331

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others