RE: Gentleman Racing

To: "'Larry Paulick'" <larry.p@erols.com>,
Subject: RE: Gentleman Racing
From: "Palmer, Robert L." <RPalmer@brobeck.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 11:38:04 -0700
Chris,

First, just a friendly reminder that, especially for the Digest readers, it
is very important to delete all but perhaps an essential line or two of the

I just want to join Larry, Jeffrey, and others in recommending that you NOT
use silicone brake fluid for racing applications. As Larry indicates, you
need to address the real problem by directing air to the brakes a la Doane
Spencer, air scoops, etc. and use carbon-based pads, which don't fade -
period. I have totally toasted my brakes with carbon pads and DOT-4 and had
no problem whatsoever with brake fade. The rotors were blue and the rubber
seals were fried, but the brake fluid did not boil. Invest your effort in
some good ducts that will direct fresh air to the brakes and bleed the
brakes regularly using one of the better quality DOT-4 fluids.

My $0.02,

Bob

contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use,
recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of
the original message.
To reply to our email administrator directly, send an email to
postmaster@brobeck.com
BROBECK PHLEGER & HARRISON LLP
http://www.brobeck.com