Re: Tiger throttle cable

To: "List Tiger" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tiger throttle cable
From: "Duncan Charlton \(Texas\)" <charlton@ev1.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 16:31:51 -0500
Les,
Do the carb butterflies open all the way before the throttle cable reaches
the end of its travel?  Do the cables break at the end every time?  If so,
you may be putting lots of strain on the cable at WOT.  You might be able to
make a pedal stop that would keep the cable from getting so badly stressed
that it breaks.  If the pedal reaches the end of its travel at the same time
WOT occurs, the stop takes the pressure from your foot and not the cable
fittings.  Seems like lots of LBCs have this problem.
Duncan