Re: Tiger throttle cable

To: "List Tiger" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tiger throttle cable
From: "Duncan Charlton \(Texas\)" <charlton@ev1.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 18:13:57 -0500
Craig,
Yeah, but -- this sure sounds like the governor on the go-kart I had as a
kid.  The throttle was connected by a spring, which clearly preserved the
mechanism from my overzealous application.  But at speed, the vibration
seemed to make the spring stretch, leaving the throttle about halfway open.
Didn't take me long to spot that one, and I replaced it with a piece of wire
that needed slack in it due to the geometry and broke periodically.  I
reckon maybe a really stiff spring might work, but I'd be miffed if my Tiger
wound up with a governor!
Duncan