Re: Mk 2 Trans.

To: "Anthony & Susan" <jetbike@worldlynx.net>,
Subject: Re: Mk 2 Trans.
From: "Dan Eiland" <deiland1@elp.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 10:16:17 -0600
Actually, it is not necessary to change out the transmission to obtain the
results you are looking for. There are companies around that specialize in
rebuilding and modifying your transmission. There is one in the Houston area
that is well known for there work and has a good reputation. For a few $$$
they will rebuild your transmission and change it to a wide ratio. You can
even specify the ratio you want. Sorry I can't help you with their name. I
lost my hard drive a few months ago which means I lost all my bookmarks. I
know they have a web page. If you do a search for the type of transmission
you have they should come up. It is probably easier just to ask the list.
I'm sure someone on the list will know which company I'm referring too. If
you have your original transmission modified then you will still have a
numbers matching car. At least from the outside. You might want to ask them
to returm your original gears just in case you decide to return your car
back to original.

Dan