Re: why are tiger hubs splined??

To: "Tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>, <DragRacinTiger@aol.com>
Subject: Re: why are tiger hubs splined??
From: "Bob Hokanson" <tgrrr@peoplepc.com>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 17:41:43 -0700
I'm assuming you are talking about the tapered axles and hubs with keyways
cut into them.  After struggling with that arrangement for some time, about
ten years ago I had a Portland, Oregon machinist called the Dutchman cut and
respline a pair of Ford 9 inch axles to fit the Dana carrier and Tiger
housing.  I then adapted rear disk brakes from a Granada.  I have had no
problems with this arrangement to date.

Bob
T-GRRR  B9470168

> why are the rear hubs on the tiger axle splined? that is the main reason I
want to switch to a ford 9" rear end. I was at the local powertrain shop and
he said the could get moser to make me a custom set of solid hub axles to
fit my dana rear. is there any reason this would not work? Right now I have
a nodular 9" with 3.50 gear, spool and moser axles. It also has aerospace
components disk brakes but I have to narrow it and then weld all the
brackets on. I like the idea of the solid axle dana if it will work.