Re: Battery No Charging - Am I On The Right Track?

To: SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com, flynnr2@btopenworld.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Battery No Charging - Am I On The Right Track?
From: SFordRB@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 16:21:47 EDT
I had an interesting situation with a ground in a Fiat/NSU 600 when I was 18.
After rebuilding the motor and reinstalling I tried to start the thing. To
start a 600 you must turn on the key and then pull up on a lever that engages
the starter drive with the flywheel and initiates the starter spinning. It
worked for several seconds and then the lever went slack. After finding the
long cable broken I replaced it and tried again with the same results. Third
time I had my father pull the lever while I watched and to my amazement the
cable began to glow bright red and then broke as it melted. All because of a
bad ground.

Dr. Moonstone on the importance of a good ground.