Re: A Tiger Air Dam - TigersUnited.com

To: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>, "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: A Tiger Air Dam - TigersUnited.com
From: "Kathy and Erich Coiner" <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 22:04:25 -0700
Regarding recirculation. I installed the valance sheet metal and horn
blocking plates per Steve L's article.  I made a little tell tale from a
thin strip of plastic.
When the tell tale was held in front of the grill opening or the openings in
the valance below the bumper the air flow was in towards the radiator.

As soon as the tell tale was dropped below the bottom edge of the lower
openings, the flow was forward.  I tracked it back under the car and found
that it was coming between the bottom of the radiator and the top of the
cross member.  I took a chunk of foam pipe insulation AKA "roll bar padding"
and stuffed it between the radiator and the cross member. The forward flow
stopped dead.  I don't get the down force or the added flow thru the
radiator due to the low pressure behind the air dam but my part only took 5
minutes to make.

Erich