Re: Fulcrum pins

To: mmcbeth@peacock.ca
Subject: Re: Fulcrum pins
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 01:41:50 EDT
I would deny saying this but I would use the
best fulcrum pin you can find with your choice
of poly bushing (hard or soft).  There is not
that much price difference between a stock
fulcrum pin and a 4140.  The 4140 pins I
purchased last year were about $200 and pair.
I think stock pins are about $80 a pair.

You want to do this only once.  To try and
scrimp the price difference is a 'penny wise
but pound foolish' idea.

I would then fabricate and install John Logan's
safety plate.  Remember it does not make the
pin stronger.  It serves to support the pin and
allow you to keep control if the pin were to break.

Above all, avoid delron or other solid bushings.

IMHO.

Dave Johnson  (Found my sheet metal)