Re: Off Balance

To: "Doug & Rett Leithauser" <dleit@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Off Balance
From: "Kathy and Erich Coiner" <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 20:06:47 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: "Doug & Rett Leithauser" <dleit@worldnet.att.net>
To: <LGOOCH@satx.rr.com>
Cc: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 4:03 AM
Subject: Off Balance

>     A quick look at Tom Monroe's "How to Rebuild Small Block Ford Engines"
> indicates that all small block Fords are extenally balanced. This leads me
> to believe that the flywheels are interchangeable. I'm sure someone on the
> list will point out if this is incorrect.
> Doug Leithauser

That would be me. :)  Early SBF's like our 260 are imbalanced by 28 oz's
Starting in about 1982 The imbalance went to 50 oz's.

So if you are using a fuel injected engine from a Fox bodied mustang you
need 50 oz imbalanced flywheels and harmonic balancer.
If you have any 260 or 289 you need 28 oz stuff.

Experts on this topic can be found on Usenet at
rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Erich