Re: Off Balance

To: Tiger List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Off Balance
From: Gary Ott <gotttiger@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 11:04:46 -0700 (PDT)
Tiger List:

Summer 2002 is in full swing with Tigers in action all
over the country engaged in a variety of events. This
has been a year of significant progress for the STOA
TAC program as well. We have continued to work on
expansion of the program well beyond its Northern
California beginnings. We recently established Senior
Inspectors Buck Trippel and Mike McCluskey in the Los
Angeles area. Buck and Mike put on the first TAC event
by a Southern California team at Tigers United XXVI at
Mammoth Mountain June 28-30 and will continue to
provide the opportunity for TAC inspections at Mikes
shop ( 23890 Madison St., Torrance, CA 90505 310
375-1234 mike@mccluskeyltd.com). STOA has sponsored
several events mainly at Uniteds on the East coast in
past years when Tom Hall and Paul Reisentz made cross
country trips to train local inspectors and run TAC
events. We are pleased to announce that two Senior
Inspectors are now resident in the East Coast sector
of Tiger enthusiasm.

Paul Sheahan ( 8329 Quarters Ln., Charlotte, NC 28227
(704) 545-2458 {sunbeamtiger@prodigy.net}) came
onboard as a Senior this March and hopes to offer
inspector training and TAC services in a Florida event
now being organized. It is also our pleasure to
announce that Tom Calvert ( 308 Riverdale Rd. Severna
Park, MD 21146 (410) 647-7022 ) has become the Senior
Inspector for the Washington DC area . Tom will have
the opportunity to work with Larry Paulick and a
number of DC area inspectors qualified after training
last summer to provide more readily available TAC
inspection for the area. United XXIII Doing the
Charleston October 10-13 2002 will be the location
for the first TE/AE United TAC organized by an East
Coast team of inspectors. Contact Paul
(sunbeamtiger@prodigy.net) or Tom
(Thomas_Calvert@onr.navy.mil) to let them know youre
interested.

After a long series of efforts by the STOA founders of
TAC which personally involved them in every TAC event,
we have begun to find a number of qualified people in
other regions of the country ( and the world) who are
willing to take on the efforts necessary to inspect
Tigers for the owners who want to verify and document
the authenticity of their cars. The long efforts
thusfar, including almost 500 Tigers, should be just
the beginning of the program. Were still seeking
appropriate opportunities to train those committed
people who will bring TAC access to those who reside
in those wide-open spaces between the coasts.

Gary Ott, Tiger Authenticity Committee Chairman
http://health.yahoo.com