Hot Ignition Switch

Subject: Hot Ignition Switch
From: ssage@socal.rr.com
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 09:13:41 -0700
Hello Sunbeamers:
In normal operation, does a Tiger/Alpine ignition switch get warm to
fairly hot after running a while? I took temperatire readings last night
and with the dash hardware, trim, etc. at around 80 degrees, the
ignition switch is in the high 90 degrees (around a 15+ degree
difference). The ignition switch does not get over 100 degrees, and I've
had no problem with wiring, etc. for the last year or so since I noticed
this (no smoking or red hot wires anywhere). Has anyone else ever
checked into this? Maybe I have something wired wrong, or maybe this is
normal for a Lucas switch???

Steve Sage
Tiger MK1A