Re: AC air cleaner restoration tips

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AC air cleaner restoration tips
From: Robert Dobrowski <rsdslp@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 20:17:24 -0700
Interesting all this talk about hammertone paint for the air cleaner.
The air cleaner on my Tiger has what appears to be the original paint as
indicated by all of the rust between painted areas.
The paint is very clearly a light blue or blue grey. The same color you
see on numerous AC filter housing from the period.
Is hammertone silver grey really correct?

On Tue, 20 Aug 2002 09:24:53 EDT BlueGolfer@aol.com writes:
> In a message dated 8/19/02 10:46:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> kathy.coiner@gte.net writes:
>
> <<  I know it was originally a gray or silver colored
>  hammertone finish.
>  Where can I get a spray can of this? >>
> Eastwood carries it, but I found that it is not that durable. I had
> a gas
> leak once and the paint stained/partially melted the paint.  Time
> for a
> refinsih. Chromed versions of the AC look good too.
>
> Rob Kempinski
> Melbourne, FL

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!