Re: FW: cruise control

To: DavidAdin@mercydurango.org
Subject: Re: FW: cruise control
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 12:28:11 -0700
DavidAdin@mercydurango.org wrote:

> I have tried this Jag idea.  It hurts my ears . . . .
>
> any other suggestions?
>
> Pinochio

People with wooden heads would be likely to use the nearest available
piece of wood  (9-).

The computer design on the modern cars is integrated with the complete
engine operation. Any single function fails and a $200-$400 replacement
is on their shelves. Brilliant idea.

To find a good one in a junk yard would be impossible, as no one has any
test equipment that will determine if it's good or bad without the car.
If it is bad (on the car) the factory repair technique is - "go get a
new one".

Another though from out-of-the-past. Our cars came with a dash mounted
throttle cable. A choke cable would suffice, and there are at least two
existing holes in a Tiger dash that are not used (unless you purchased a
4 barrel with a manual choke.)

Buy the $35 electric choke package, change the existing (or buy new)
universal choke cable/knob and attach to throttle, parallel with the
existing pedal actuated cable/rod. I would strongly recommend a slot at
the carb attach so you can over ride the set speed condition to
accelerate to full throttle.

This is a fairly decent speed holder, depending on grades, cheap, no
splinters in the ears, and is flawed by NOT being immediately
disconnected on brake application.

There is a hydraulic "T", to a cylinder the will de-couple them with
brake pressure, but you'll have to design that.

Who knows? Do a good job and market it.

If your nose has not grown so long that you have lost the capability of
this installation, a series of cut, different length, broom-stick
handles can be jammed between the seat and the pedal. (9-) Use a piece
of string for emergency disconnect.

Steve
--

Steve Laifman