Re: cruise control

To: SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com, geowiz@cox-internet.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: cruise control
From: JEwords@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 17:58:01 EDT
I installed a cruise control on my MK IA Tiger about 5 years ago. I got the
idea from Tom Ehrhardt, Ed Esslinger and John Logan who had them years before
that.

I used an aftermarket system by Audiovox, which sells for $100 at AutoZone.
It mounts a speed sensor on the driveshaft. I mounted the servo under the
false floor on the passenger side and ran the cable across and under the dash
to the carb. The controls are hidden in the ash tray. Even comes with a
circuit that hooks to the brake pressure switch, so when you hit the brakes,
the cruise releases.

The only way you can tell I have cruise is to get down and look at the cable
attached to the carb.

Couple of holes are required. Not a bad installation, and it continues to
work well.

Since I have long legs, this was a great improvement on the drive from
Orlando to Big Sky, Montana.

John Webber

66 MK IA
67 MK II