Re:Guess the Problem

To: "Larry Paulick" <larry.p@erols.com>
Subject: Re:Guess the Problem
From: "P. R. Hulse" <phulse@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 07:51:45 -0700
Larry,

Ok, we've checked the starter and connections, no problem.  We know the
fuel-air mixture and ignition is working correctly by the color of the plugs.
Obviously, if it starts and idles ok, and it seems to get worse over time,
nothing is seriously broken however, it could be an adjustment is getting
worse.  Since it starts and idles ok, then seems to hit a limit on
acceleration, I think we should get out the timing light and check the timing.
If that's off check to see if that new magnetic module has slipped its
adjustments or a metal plate has a broken spring.

Philip "Commodore Blues" Hulse