RE: Guess the problem

To: <derekw@sltnet.lk>
Subject: RE: Guess the problem
From: "Doug & Rett Leithauser" <dleit@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 18:45:29 -0400
Derek,
    This is not too different from what I experienced long ago when I had
the Tiger at a Porsche club event at the road course at Michigan
International Speedway. Being a club event run by street cars and drivers
with more enthusiasm than skill, we were running one lap at a time, from a
standing start. Oh yea, it was drizzling too. My wife & I, young & foolish
as we were, (now we're old & foolish)  were having a great time burning up
the track, but we were being held up by the guy that was flagged off in
front of us, driving one of those expensive red Italian cars. I had just
asked the flagman to give us some more space, and after giving the Ferrari
more time to get down the track, we were flagged off. The car died as I let
out the clutch, and the wipers quit. After running out of fuses, and
wrapping the fuse with the foil from a cigarette pack (which made a pretty
good fuse, the foil burned before the wiring did) I came to realize that the
wiring going to the brake light switch would get pinched by the generator on
a hard launch. Moving the wiring allowed me to continue, at least until a
lifter collapsed, and sent me limping home.

Doug Leithauser