Re: Brake Lines

To: Bob Rice <Comanderbob@Comcast.net>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Lines
From: Tony McNulty <t.mcnulty@ieee.org>
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 19:42:03 -0400
Bob:

This is exactly what I'm planning.  I propose to make my line from 304SS and
use SWAGELOK SS fittings and either Swagelok or Aeroquip. They have an
extensive catalogs and comprehensive websites at:

http://www.swagelok.com/

http://www.aeroquip.com/

Having said all that -- these guys are pretty high end and pricey (but
deservedly so) -- the result is "forever".

Not a paid employee -- just a happy customer.  The SS tubing is readily had
from

http://www.twmetals.com/

the merged entity of the old Tubesales company.  If you're on a budget and
you want me to, I can take a looksee on my next visit to the local metal
scrapyard and we can work something out -- last time there, they were
charging 50 cents/pound for SS -- but hey, there's no "minimum" on their
order.  I'd take the high road on the fittings, though.

Let me know on the tubing.

Regards,

Tony McNulty
Weston, CT