Re: Ignition Warning Light on with new alternator

To: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Ignition Warning Light on with new alternator
From: garywinblad@attbi.com
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 17:49:02 +0000
Larry,
You mean to tell us that you have a 1 wire alternator
and your warning light works?  What kind of fuse
box/relay setup is that?
With only 1 wire there is NOTHING to run the light.
Someone elses idea to leave the old generator regulator
and have that run the light is interesting.. I hadn't
even thought of that.. of course I ripped it out of
there...
My solution was to build a little 2 transistor circuit
to activate the light if the voltage dropped below a
certain (adjustable) level.  It worked until it burned
out!  Tom and Roby:  does yours still work??  Tom, maybe
we could make a circuit board for that circuit too!
The easy solution is to just put a Voltage gauge in the
ammeter hole in the dash.. and remember to look at it
once in a while..
My chromed one wire came from Summit.
Gary