The parts falling off this car are of the best British

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: The parts falling off this car are of the best British
From: stubrennan@attbi.com
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 13:22:13 +0000
Incredible luck!  As I returned from picking up my
daughter from marching band practice, I spotted
something on the garage floor right where the Tiger
lives.  A little spring and a piece of wire.  What was
it?  It looks like the external spring that pulls on the
clutch arm, but it was dark and I haven't looked
underneath yet.  There's not much else it could be. It
could have fallen off anywhere, but it did it right
where I could find it.

Anyway, one end of this spring had broken, so a
replacement is needed.  I am assuming that this is a non
critical part and anything about the right size and
stregnth will do the job, correct?  I'm planning to
visit a hardware store at lunch, and see what I can find.

By the way, these marching band pickup sessions are
turning into mini cruise nights.  Last night we had my
Tiger, a rubber bumper "B", and a GT-350.  There's also
a just completed kit Cobra, and a '67 Ford pickup with a
351 and dual exhausts, that show up on occasion.  I
think the Triumph guy's daughter graduated.

Stu