RE: Goodwood and "our" Le Mans Tiger

To: "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Goodwood and "our" Le Mans Tiger
From: "Chris Thompson" <cthompson@rrinc.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 23:23:29 -0400
Well, I probably deserved the comment from Darrell that I was too stoopid to
understand.  I sent mail saying that the race 'rounds' showed zero laps for
one Tiger and 4 for his, and asked the list if I was missing something.  I
was worried that something terrible had happened to that beautiful car.
Only Darrell answered, and after reading the *complete* results, it's
apparent both Tigers finished at least a coupla hours long races, and that I
still don't understand all the rounds vs. team vs. car statistics.  Am still
waiting on somebody to 'splain it to me, but just out of curiosity.  In the
meantime, I've sent Darrell an apology off line, and please consider this to
be a public one if anyone thought I was denigrating the Listers, which I
consider to be among the most desirable two cars on the planet, or Darrell.

At our SVRA driver meetings, they start off asking the drivers who came to
get a trophy.  If anyone raises their hands they offer him/her a trophy and
ask 'em to go home.  Some of these cars are worth close to a million bucks,
and the first priority of the folks I know is to make sure that they go home
in one piece.  That he has taken care of that gorgeous historic car, that he
took it all the way to LeMans, and that he finished, is something that
deserves only admiration.  Please be assured - I meant nothing negative at
all - only concern for the car.  Oh yeah, and concern for the safety of the
drivers too...really....

And I'm looking for a historic Tiger for vintage racing - particularly
looking for car #74 from Sports Car Forum out of Ohio, which was driven by
Don Sessler.  (There was also a number 74 Alpine from the same group - not
that one).  If anybody knows what came of this car, or knows of any other
historic Tigers for sale, please let me know....

Chris
B382000331