Re: Alpine brakes

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Alpine brakes
From: DragRacinTiger@aol.com
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 22:42:39 -0500
Do you still have the original master cylinder? if so order a rebuild kit from
sunbeam specialties (not cheap victoria british) and rebuild it. Try this. once
it is locked up, bleed the brakes to see if residual pressure is left int he
brake system. if you have residual pressure then it is coming form the master
cylinder. if not pressure, then it is the calipers. my bet is on the
mastercylinder since it was what you changed. some of them only relieve so much
pressure. it keeps some pressure on so that you dont have to pump the brakes to
stop. most street rod applications where the master cylinder is below the
calipers have a chack valve to maintain this pressure. even if the old one is
leaking, try it out to see if it cures your problem.
Chris V.

BTW i have a tiger MC and resivour that I will be lising on Ebay Monday. It is
in great shape!!!!
here is a pic
http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/794/images/PL6JyMCoBQIAAAIyigM_794_127.jpg

Its all stock, just ask me!