Re: Missing Water and Rough Idle

Subject: Re: Missing Water and Rough Idle
From: "Kathy and Erich Coiner" <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 20:38:05 -0800
There is a freeze plug on the back of the block, behind the flywheel.  That
might be the source of your leak.  Sure hope not.  Are your freeze plugs
brass or steel?
If you can't find a leak and the water is still going, you are burning it.
I hate to say it, but you could have a leaky head gasket or even a cracked
head.  Take the car to a smog shop and have them stick the tailpipe sniffer
into the radiator surge tank.  If you get an unburned HC reading the problem
is confirmed.
Erich
Been there done that, now my Tiger uses no water.