FW: Popping back through Carb

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Popping back through Carb
From: "BPARLEE" <bparlee@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 14:13:56 -0500
Got a problem I need some help on.
I restored my Tiger about 5 years ago and it has run great for about 8K
miles now every time I ask the original 260 to make more then a little power
it pops back through the carb and in turn - loses power till I back off.  It
idles fine with no strange noises and I can rev it up with no problems, as
long as there is no load.  I have Stock everything except the coil which I
replaced in trying to solve this problem it is a off the self coil spec'd
for an early Mustang.
        I have;
        Rebuilt the carb
        Checked timing
        Checked the vacuum advance
        Took apart and cleaned the distributor ( made sure the advance
mechanisms
were free and operating.
        Changed the coil, cap, rotor, points and condenser
        Checked over the wiring
         + all the normal stuff.

        I have not; because they are hard to do with no engine compartment room
        Done a compression test
        Changed the plugs (Only 2k miles on them and the ones I took out looked
perfect and that was a pain)

I'm stumped and I don't want to go in to the engine unless that is the
problem.

What could be amiss that would make it pop through the carb only under load
that I missed?
What would make it pop through the carb only under load in general?