Tying the Tiger

Subject: Tying the Tiger
From: "Anthony & Susan" <jetbike@worldlynx.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 18:48:04 -0500
Listeners,

Just as I have gotten use to tying the Tiger down there has been a change. I
normally loop the tie downs around the rear and cross them to the D rings.
Up front around the bottom "A" arms straight to the "D" ring. Works great,
got me all the way down to South Carolina from PA and back with zero car
movement. Now I have the entire suspension and rear sprayed with black
urethane. Looks great! I am looking for a way to secure the car without
damaging my new paint. Someone told me to use tire bonnets but after looking
at them it seems I'll have to cut the trailer floor and position 8 "D"
rings( 2 per wheel). Also I have LAT 9's which have 13" tires, the bonnets
looked way big. When you need to ratchet them down is there enough room to
operate them with the car that low to the ground? What type of damage would
you see if just using the axel straps anyway? Man I hope I'm not getting to
anal with this, even though a complete restoration will soon be under way I
still want to drive the car and not sweat it. Help!

Thanx in advance.

ANT 66 MK1A
B382001859LRXFE