Re: Tying the Tiger

To: DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re: Tying the Tiger
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 23:26:08 -0700
If the masses of the trailer and car are carefully tuned (Mr. Murphy, where are
you?), you can get some really goofy motion going, since you'll have two
semi-independent bodies being bumped around by the road. Using tire bonnets is
probably OK for open-wheel cars where the trailer weighs twice what the car
does, but if the car is as heavy as the trailer, I'd want it to be a rigid part
of the trailer whenever I'm towing it.

Theo

DrMayf wrote:

> Ok, LArry, why is it important to let the car use it's suspension? I been

<snip>