RE: Poly lock grip question

To: <rpalmer@ucsd.edu>,
Subject: RE: Poly lock grip question
From: "Frank Marrone" <itswonderful@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 21:52:42 -0800
This method is where you select the push rod length so that the tip of
the rocker rolls from one side of the center of the valve stem to the
other as the valve goes from fully closed to fully open.  You try to
select a push rod that gives you a tip travel that is symmetrical about
the center of the stem for the two extremes of valve position.

Unfortunately I only have a little over 1/4" of the threads of the
rocker stud engaged when everything is correctly adjusted.  I can't
understand what could be wrong here.  One of the pieces of this puzzle
must be incorrectly manufactured or the .25" must be in tolerance.  I
guess I'll be calling Comp Cams tomorrow to see what they have to say
about this.

Frank