oil filter adapter

To: "Tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: oil filter adapter
From: "Jim Boynton" <jimboynton@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 20:23:35 -0500
Listers,

  I'm thinking of converting from the remote oil filter to a block oil
filter when I bring the Tiger out of winter storage (which looks like June
at the rate N.E. weather is going). I have a printout of an email from this
list that suggests Ford Motorsport right angle adapter M6880 A50 which I
found online for around $55. But I also have another email warning that a
spin-on filter nipple on the block which is necessary for the adapter to
bolt to, was removed when Sunbeam installed their factory remote filter and
the Ford kit doesn't include one. They must assume your working on a stock
Ford block which has as the nipple/insert? What can you guys who have made
the change tell me about this? True or false and if so can you purchase the
insert from Ford? And finally is worth the trouble for a car that only used
6-7 months. The engine is a stock 260. Thanks as usual.

Jim
B382000376